Sunday 22 May 2011

Twitter - where will it all end?

I swear I did not join twitter to find out the sexual habits of premier league footballers - I really couldn't care less about them. I joined twitter today so that I had a chance of keeping tabs on my wife, who uses it all the time, for work and pleasure.

I like the idea of keeping thoughts short - quick poems of consciousness - perhaps revealing the true undercurrents of the zeitgeist. However - my initial reaction to it all is one of bewilderment and annoyance. it is hard to keep all the thoughts in order. I've not worked out what is private or what is public; when you reply to one person, apparently everyone can see and follow that conversation. How dull might that be?

I think I prefer facebook, and I absolutely love blogging - the ultimate in therapy. But Twitter might be a step too far for me - but I'm prepared to give it a shot, especially for during large demos. If the revolution will not be televised, perhaps it might get tweeted!

No comments:

Post a Comment