Sunday 6 February 2011

Book release!

The email from theologian Anthony Reddie confirmed it. He had been the first person to receive a copy of my book through Amazon. I contacted my publisher, and they let me know that the book had been released slightly early. Five copies, courtesy of Continuum press were winging their way to me.

It's hard to describe the feeling when I opened the package of books. It was real, it was amazing, I am a published author. I left school with no qualifications. I used to pick mushrooms to pay my way. Now I've written a book and I am elated!

Now comes the flip side. People will actually know what I am thinking and doing. There is no disguising it. Every last thought, every bit of theology that I've put into practice. Many of my mistakes, many of my adventures, it is all on show.

I hope that my friends will love the stories that they find themselves the stars of. I'm hoping that some folks will be inspired by all we've got up to over the last few years. I already know that some will find my theology deeply offensive.

Now you can go out and buy the book, and let me know what you think. Be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment